Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I think I will blog

Living in a city where you don't know many people can give a girl a lot of free time- so why not blog! I may blog about life, I may blog about crafting- who knows. I've got plenty on my mind, and plenty of ideas in my head so I thought it was only best to write them all down and share  :)

So here it goes....


This month marks the date one year ago that I packed up my life after 10 years of living in small town Ruston, LA to move to the big city of Houston, TX. I said "see you later" to all of my friends, bid farewell to life as a single woman, and waved goodbye to my little two bedroom apartment in the Hood of Sybil Drive. I welcomed a new adventure of becoming a wife and starting a life with the man of my dreams. Garrett is the absolute icing to my cupcake!



Our wedding day was hands down the best day of my life. 8 months of planning coming together on a beautiful day in June with our closest friends and family- absolute perfection. Garrett planned a surprise honeymoon- in JAMAICA!!!! We spent 6 days on the beach, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and attempted to sail (Garrett needs more practice). Now we are getting settled in after all of the crazy months of traveling. So far life as a wife is pretty awesome! 6 weeks in and I don't know how it could get any better.

We recently joined a Sunday School class that we are thrilled to get involved in. We are meeting couples within our church and enjoying the interaction with other newlyweds. Work is great for both of us- I'm learning more and more every day and as always Garrett is getting rock star reviews from all of his supervisors/bosses. All and all I think God has been good to us and has great plans for us in the future.


The last year has flown by with many magical moments. Within the last 12 months we have celebrated more life and happiness than I ever thought possible. Birthdays, engagements, baby announcements, baby arrivals, weddings and much more to come. I planned the wedding of my dreams, helped to plan showers and parties for friends, and in 2 months I get to be a part of a dear friends most special day, and witness another welcome her first baby in to the world. Although this year has not been without it's rough moments- the trials of being far from home, the loss of loved ones, for myself and of close friends- but overall it's been a year of blessings. I can't wait to see what the next 12 months have in store for us.

 Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment